Tuesday 12 April 2011

More Character Designage!: Bluey and Dom

Not much explaination needed for this post, assuming you've read my earlier one.

Here's some more examples of my character design process. I basically draw, and draw, and draw the characters until they start to gradually look on-model in each drawing. I don't think I'm quite there yet, but having all the images nearby helps to keep my characters looking fairly similar in most pictures.






As an added bonus, some Blue and Dom trivia for you:

Bluey's real name is unknown, as is her entire background. As her friend, Dom accepts that she's insanely secretive and he doesn't pry. Maybe I'll give her a name and a back story eventually. Or maybe I already have. Who knows?

Dom's second name is James and, as mentioned before, he was born in America, more specifically in California. He spent his childhood surfing and playing on the beach in summer, until his parents moved him and his three older siblings to the UK, for a life of rain, rain and... more rain. Dom is really homesick, and particularly proud of his West Coast heritage, which he doesn't shut up about.

Until next time, check out this comic preview featuring my little muses.

No comments:

Post a Comment