Tuesday 23 March 2010

Filler post: QnA session :)

Well it looks like it could be a while before I actually have time to explore anything truly meaningful in this blog, but I thought a short Q and A filler post might be useful. It'll make me feel like a rock star and could help you decide whether or not piercings/tattoos are for you too, so here goes:


Why do you get piercings?

Because I'm too ugly to look normal.

Nah, that's pretty harsh, plus there are plenty of pretty people out there who have a faceful of piercings, and plenty of ugly people who dont.

The way I see it is I love piercings as a personal thing, because I feel good about myself when I get one; I feel like I can take the pain and see it through the healing process, like a scar. I usually treat myself to piercings after I've accomplished something great.

And secondly, because I don't think much of my face/body I feel like I have nothing to lose really. But piercings aren't for everyone. If you don't want a big hole in your lip when you're forty, then you shouldn't get a labret. And so on and so forth...


Do piercings hurt?

The more fleshy the area is, the less it hurts. For example, my lobes, lip and eyebrow didn't hurt at all. They were sore whilst they were healing, but it was totally bearable.

However, piercing cartilage or an erect nipple fucking hurts. For me they used this freezing liquid to numb the area a little. Most piercers will use this nowadays.

But then pain is different for everyone. I have a very high pain threshold and no fear of needles. If you're scared of getting pierced, then take a friend with you. Or otherwise don't get one because they can be awkward when they're healing.


How can you like tattoos if you haven't got any?

Well, hold on a second: I'm only twenty one.

Money has always been an issue. For a good piece of artwork you're going to spend a lot. Sometimes it's the same for a crap piece of art.

But for me it's mostly finding the right tattoo and the right artist. My tattoos have to mean something. Some people like meaningful tattoos, some people just get any old thing. If you get any old thing there's more chance that you'll hate it in twenty years.

I see my body as a canvas waiting to be turned into a work of art. And I hate art without purpose or a story. I don't want to wind up looking like some back-alley wall that a bunch of kids grafittied when they were bored. Everything I do in life has a purpose and I live by the rule that everything happens for a reason, so it seems only right that my body should be decorated accordingly.

I'm looking into turning each of my limbs into an element (earth, water, fire, air) while my torso represents the spirit, because I love nature, harmony and balance.


What do you think of people without tattoos/piercings?

Honestly, I think it's boring. Even one gorgeous tattoo is a great conversation starter for someone like me who has trouble talking to people. But then I guess if everyone was the same then the world would be incredibly dull.

I just wish people weren't so hateful towards tattooed people, especially when it comes to job opportunities. But I really think the western world is starting to handle tattoos with a more relaxed attitude now, especially regarding tattooed women.

As for piercings, I think they only suit certain people. It takes a certain kind of attitude to pierce your face or sensitive areas. You've gotta be gutsy and hard-faced. I hate seeing these little emo girls with doll-faces and then huge bits of metal in their lips. You can tell they're gonna get fed up with the whole emo-farce and take them out in a few years.


What if you regret getting tattoos/piercings when you're older?

The way I see it, by the time I'm old enough to possibly regret getting pierced or tattooed, one of three things will have happened:

1. Most people from my generation, my friends or whatever, will be in the same boat as me, because tattoos and piercings are more acceptable now.

2. They'll have developed better ways to laser-off bad tats. And piercing scars/holes dont bother me anyway.

3. Assuming I tattooed my entire body, why would I be out showing it off when I'm ninety? I'll be covered in cardigans and wooly jumpers for God's sake.


What's the worst tattoo you've ever seen?

When I worked in the Odeon this guy came in to see a film. He must have been about forty-fifty, and had a really crap Christmas "Taz" tattoo on his forearm. It looked like some kid had stencilled it on with a bloody biro. There was no interesting compostition or shading, it was just dumped on his forearm like a club stamp.

Dude, if you're reading this, get rid of it.


What's the best tattoo you've ever seen?

That's asking something.

There are so many fabtastic artists out there churning out awesome artwork. I really love photo-realistic stuff and large oriental tattoos of dragons and tigers.

There are plenty of great tats out there but I think the coolest one I've ever seen was this guy who has his entire arm tattooed to look like some steampunk-cyborg-clockwork arm. Kinda like Ed Elric's automail arm from Fullmetal Alchemist. It's pretty damn awesome. And I love sleeves.



Photo from Free Style of Tattoos.

So there you go, hope you found that interesting.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment