Monday 12 April 2010

Overwhelmingly Universal Fear

I can’t be the only person in Glyndwr struggling, but God I feel like it. I have no choice but to just try and get on with it.

I don’t want to fail this year like I did last year, and heck, I know I’ve done way more work than last year and my Crit. Studies work was really good. I mean if I just scrape a Pass at least I’ll get to finish my degree. But I don’t WANT to scrape by, I want my 2.2 or 2.1.

I suppose the reasons I’m struggling this year is down to two things: firstly, the BBC project. That drained me completely and took all of my motivation and focus from my coursework. However, I’ll forever be grateful to the BBC for that amazing opportunity, and for helping me towards my trip to America. Incidentally, I’m still working on two more pieces for them.

Secondly, and this is a stupid one, but I guess being in a relationship has stunted me a little. Being my first serious relationship, I find that I just wanted to spend all my free time with my Dan, and when I procrastinate I have someone to run and whine to, whereas last year I was very lonely and would just get depressed.

Well we’ve been together a year now and, although we’re still very happy, we both feel it’s necessary to spend some time apart, so I can get my finger out and do some work at last. If I estimate it right I’d say I’ve seen Dan about 350 days out of this last year.

The worst part is I no longer have a mobile phone, so I feel cut off from the world if my laptop isn’t on. And now the weather’s perfect I should be outside, but I’m stuck in doors.

In half an hour I have a driving lesson, then afterwards it’s (metaphorical) Clobberin’ time.

To Do List:

The Mabinogi – two final illustrations to go with the Cube Interactive online games.
Bookjacket Brief – Finalish designs, and all extended workshop pieces.
Toys Brief – Final piece on canvas and photographed.
Wrexham in Bloom – concepts and final poster design.
Cycling in London brief – concepts and final poster design.
Narrative – experiments.
Stranger than Fiction – finished comic, then experiments.

COMMISSIONS COME LATER!

Quote of the Week:

“You’re both Human. Give yourselves a break.” Carla, from Scrubs. So I’m gonna take her advice, stop beating myself up and just work my arse off.

No comments:

Post a Comment