Wednesday 8 September 2010

Jamie Hewlett in a Tux?!


Thought I'd just chuck in another mention here: Gorillaz have been voted band of the year by GQ magazine. I am led to believe this is some kind of man-magazine ("mangazine??") about fashion and stylishness, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not surprised they won, they're a fantastic group. They're like a brick of cheese that just gets better with age. And from that photo of singer/musician Damon, artist Jamie, and hell-raising 'toon Murdoc I get the sense that their interview is going to be particularly fun and goofy, as they usually are. So if anyone happens to buy GQ, please lend it to me so I can have a look!

Jamie Hewlett is my greatest hero. He's an art school drop-out who went on to have his Kangeroo-shagging, bald, pin-up chick "Tank Girl" made into a movie when he was 23. Then he went on to create one of us Brits' best bands, and helped bring Monkey: Journey to the West to the stage. Go fig.

No comments:

Post a Comment