Thursday 29 April 2010

I love getting nice Emails


Some of you may have caught my latest review on With a Face Like Mine. I went to see The Strange Case of Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde some time ago, and was so impressed I felt compelled to write to the company and tell them of my enjoyment. I also popped a link to my review into the email, not expecting them to read it, but giving them the chance.

So imagine my surprise when I received an email back from the company, thanking me for my review and faith in their production team.

“Dear Jemima

Thank you so much for your lovely message, kind comments and brilliant review! I will pass these on to the actors and director who will all be very pleased. Wish we could have performed more than one night too but the theatre is new and they are still trying to build up a regular audience. Thanks for trying to spread the word and listing the tour dates. Jekyll & Hyde is a show we’ve worked very hard on and as we have a limited budget and necessity is the mother of invention. Fortunately, we have a team of great actors (3 of whom were also in Dorian Gray) who have embraced our pub concept and run with it. We hope to come back to Glyndwr Uni soon and look forward to seeing you there!

All the best

John O’Connor
European Arts Company Ltd."


It’s great when people write back to you, even just to acknowledge one fan. Which is why I always try to leave a response when a fan of my work leaves me a message. It’s just plain polite.

No comments:

Post a Comment